Second update for Hierarchical Category Filter module for Joomla! 2.5. Added couple new features that often asked ;)

New in this version:

• added categories ordering in dropdown list
  • added possibility use AJAX for load subitems
  • added caching
  • small optimization :)

Remarks about caching:
If you want use caching, to all worked correctly, you need to enable caching in general settings Joomla! and disable it in the settings of this module.

->Download <-

46 Comments to “ Hierarchical Category Filter (2012.08.11) module for Joomla ”

1. Collin says:

Hi Fedik,
    thanx for the answer.
    The solution works in FF. Not in the rest of the browsers like you said.
    Solution:(?)
    Is it possible to generate the module in list style ( li ).
    Then I can style everything in every browser.

Thanx.
    Collin

• Fedik says:

try check the script for styling < select >, that do < option > to < li > automatically … I seen a couple, but not remember where
      hmm … but not sure whether it will be compatible with module

have no better suggestion in this time

2. Gusto says:

Hi
    I really like this module but how can I make it work with my k2 categories only, or at least include all my k2 categories.

Many thanks.

3. Hi Fedik,

will this component soon be available for Joomla 3.0? Thanks for a quick note …

bye JOACHIM

4. ianis says:

Good day. You have a very good unit, but unfortunately I do not understand how to load another category. I do not ask to explain, give direction to explore. I look for examples of sites, all very nice and works well. Thanks in advance.

5. Scott says:

Great extension. Is there a way to make the article list display as “Category Blog” instead of “Category List”?

• Fedik says:

yes, in the module configuration try assign the result to the menu item that have the “category blog” layout

6. olyn says:

hi Fedik,

I installed the module on my website and it worked perfect. Then I installed News-pro-5 from Gavik and the module crasshed. I deinstalled both modules and reinstaled gcatfilter but the module doesn’t work anymore when I make the filter from an article. When I am in category blog view it works, but when I acces an article and then try to make a filter for another category it shows me the root category of the article in which I am. Can you help please?

Thanks!

7. olyn says:

Hi. Nothing in the Console.
    I discovered that after I instaled Gavick News Pro, my url iD’s changed from the “main menu item” to the id’s of the menu items from which category they are. I am using JoomSEF and now I am changing manualy the ulr ID’s (itemid) to the main menu item id.

Regards

8. You will update this module for Joomla 3.1?